The Kootenay International Junior Hockey League is monitoring the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus. Our staff are in regular contact with BC Hockey and will provide updates to our teams, coaches, volunteers and fans as additional information becomes available.
The KIJHL is also working cloesly with BC Hockey to ensure that all recommended procedures and precautions are followed by our teams. Some of these include:
- Fist bumps with gloves on instead of shaking hands.
- Following Hockey Canada Safety Program protocols relating to the use of water bottles.
- Frequent hand washing using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Towels are not be shared on the team bench.
- Gloves to be worn by staff handling towels or laundry in the team environment.
- Monitoring illness and injuries on all teams, with reporting to the KIJHL and BC Hockey in any instances where symptoms of infectious disease or virus are present.
Read the full BC Hockey statement here: https://bchockey.net/NewsItem.aspx?id=3229.