The Kootenay International Junior Hockey League is seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing to join our team!
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in junior hockey and make a meaningful contribution to the rapid growth of the KIJHL. The core responsibility of the Director of Sales & Marketing is to develop and execute a strategy for the sale of corporate sponsorship opportunities using a business-to-business model and take accountability for its success. The successful candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the products, market, and opportunities associated with the KIJHL and junior hockey sales and sponsorship.
In this role, the Director of Sales & Marketing will:
- Strategically and compellingly align corporate partner priorities with those of the KIJHL.
- Identify potential corporate supporters with the capacity to partner with the KIJHL.
- Assist in the identification of corporate sponsorship inventory and pricing.
- Establish and implement strategies to maximize sponsorship revenue.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current sponsorship and marketing trends.
- Oversee delivery of sponsorship assets in consultation with League Office and Team staff.
- Maintain ongoing communication with existing clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Liaise with KIJHL team marketing representatives to identify areas of mutual interest.
- Coordinate with League Office staff to ensure billing and accounts receivable are kept current.
- Develop, prepare, and present briefing materials for KIJHL leadership as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with hands-on sales and marketing, including knowledge of how to develop a sales pipeline, strong working knowledge of digital sales tools such as Hubspot or Salesforce, and experience with B2B marketing.
- Ability and knowledge to work independently and develop the processes and procedures the company requires to successfully scale.
- Superior interpersonal skills including exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Flexible to adapt quickly to unfamiliar situations while contributing and accepting new ideas.
- Track record of hitting and exceeding performance targets.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
For more information, or to apply prior to the April 18 deadline, visit our job posting on ZipRecruiter.